A Straighter Smile Can Boost Your Self-Confidence And Make Life Much Better
Have you always wanted a straighter smile, but hate the idea of having a mouth full of noticeable metal wires and brackets? If so, you’re certainly not alone! That’s why more and more adults and teens are turning to Bartusiak Dental Care of Washington for Invisalign in Washington, PA. This unique orthodontic treatment offers a clear path towards a straighter smile without the rules and restrictions that come with traditional metal braces. Read on to learn more about Invisalign and give us a call when you’re ready to schedule your consultation!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign clear aligners utilize a series of custom-made plastic alignment trays instead of metal wires and brackets to shift your teeth into place. Each set of aligners gently guides your teeth into the right position and takes you one step closer to your ideal smile. You’ll wear your aligners for 20-22 hours every day, giving you plenty of time to take them out to eat, brush, floss, and participate in sports. Then, after about two weeks, you’ll move onto the next set. Instead of needing frequent adjustments like metal braces require, you’ll come visit us every six to eight weeks for a quick checkup. Typically, patients can expect to get the straighter, healthier smile they deserve in 6-18 months!
What Issues Can Invisalign Fix?
While traditional braces are the best choice for complex or severe cases of misalignment, Invisalign is a great choice for those with mild to moderate orthodontic issues. These clear aligners can address:
- Crowded, misaligned, or overlapping teeth
- Teeth that are spaced out or have gaps between them
- Bite alignment issues, such as overbite, underbite, or crossbite
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
With over 9 million satisfied patients, including 1.4 million teens and even more adults, Invisalign is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to achieve a straighter smile. This treatment offers important benefits such as:
- Nearly invisible appearance
- More comfortable experience than traditional braces
- Freedom to continue eating your favorite foods
- Easy to keep clean
- Generally faster results than traditional braces with less time spent on checkups
Since no two smiles are exactly alike, there isn’t a set cost for Invisalign in Washington. Your treatment will depend on a variety of factors, like the severity of your orthodontic issues and whether you wear your aligners often enough. During your initial consultation with Dr. Bartusiak, we’ll be able to give you a better idea of how much your treatment will cost. We’ll also review all your payment options, such as which dental insurances we accept and third-party financing through CareCredit, to help make achieving your new smile as affordable as possible.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
When calculating the cost of Invisalign in Washington, many factors can affect the final price. Some of those include:
- Whether you’re straightening one arch or both. This often depends on the extent and type of dental misalignment you have.
- The number of aligners you need. Logically speaking, straightening both the upper and lower teeth will cost more than straightening just one or the other.
- Your treatment compliance. You may have to pay more than expected if you lose an aligner or fail to stick to your treatment plan.
- Whether you need additional accessories. Depending on your case, you may need elastics or other accessories to ensure successful treatment.
Invisalign vs. Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
Patients on a budget may be tempted to opt for do-it-yourself clear aligner therapy like SmileDirectClub™ to cut back on expenses. It typically costs around $2,000, while Invisalign can run anywhere between $3,000 and $8,000. Even though the lower price point is certainly attractive, it’s important to remember that you get what you pay for.
DIY clear aligners like SmileDirectClub™ often come with little to no dental supervision. Because of that, plenty of things can go wrong, resulting in issues that will need to be addressed by a professional anyway. Meanwhile, you can enjoy the trusted oversight of our experienced team throughout your entire Invisalign journey. Plus, Invisalign clear aligners are made from a patented material designed for comfort and efficient tooth movements, which means you can enjoy a smoother, more successful treatment process!
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
The good news is that most dental insurance plans offer coverage for orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign. If your policy applies, it can reduce your out-of-pocket expenses by $1,000 or more! Of course, every plan is unique, which is why you should confirm the details of your coverage with your insurance provider before committing to anything. Our team is more than happy to help with this step if needed!
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
We understand that not everyone has dental insurance. That’s why we offer additional financing options to help make it easier for you to manage the total cost of your treatment. Some of those options include:
- CareCredit Financing – With this option, you can split up the total cost of your treatment into smaller monthly installments. Best of all, there’s often little to no interest attached!
- Dental Savings Plan – For one flat yearly fee, you can enjoy all the benefits that come with traditional dental insurance coverage except without the deductibles, yearly maximums, and other complicated paperwork. Plus, you can enjoy sizeable discounts on many services, including Invisalign!
What’s holding you back from getting a straighter smile? Give us a call today and schedule your consultation to see if Invisalign is right for you!
We didn’t all naturally develop that gorgeous smile that you see on the big screen. However, that doesn’t mean that you need to settle for misalignment and unsightly crookedness. You don’t need to endure a mouthful of metal brackets and wires either. There are all sorts of great daily, health, and long-term benefits that you can experience from Invisalign. Here are some of the most prominent.
- Flexibility: You can remove your aligners whenever you’d like. This makes cleaning your smile and eating your favorite foods a breeze. Just be sure that you are wearing your aligners for 22 hours each day so that you don’t set your treatment back.
- Discreet: When you have traditional braces, everyone knows. With Invisalign, your aligners are very difficult to detect. This gives patients additional confidence during their orthodontic treatment.
- Fewer Dental Visits: While you still need to see your dentist periodically to ensure that your treatment is going as planned, you swap out your old trays for new ones at home, so you don’t need to schedule as many visits as you would with traditional braces.
Oral Health Benefits
- Easy to Clean: With traditional braces, it’s easy for food to get stuck in your teeth, and it can be difficult to thoroughly clean your smile. With Invisalign, all you need to do is remove your aligners. Then you can clean your teeth just like you normally would without needing to navigate metal brackets and wires.
- Less Tooth Decay: By closing gaps and realigning the teeth, Invisalign can help to prevent food particles from becoming trapped. If your teeth are overcrowded, Invisalign can help to create space for more thorough cleanings between the teeth to remove harmful bacteria.
- Lower Risk of Jaw Problems: By correcting bite issues, you are minimizing the potential for chronic jaw pain and other jaw issues from developing.
Long Term Benefits
- Quick Results: On average, patients can complete Invisalign treatment between 12-18 months. For traditional metal braces, more than two years may be necessary. Your exact treatment time will vary depending on your unique needs.
- Cost-Effective: When you have an aligned smile, you are at lower risk for oral health issues. This means less money being spent on restorative treatment later on.
- Increased Confidence: When you like the appearance of your smile, you will be much more confident showing it off. This means no more hiding your smile from the camera.
Invisalign Frequently Asked Questions
Reading about the process, benefits, and cost is a great place to start if you are considering Invisalign in Washington to achieve your smile goals. However, it’s also completely normal to have a few questions on your mind before scheduling an appointment. If you prefer to do your research online, then keep reading for the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. If you’d like to speak with our team directly, then don’t hesitate to schedule an initial consultation!
Does Invisalign Hurt?
As with any orthodontic treatment, Invisalign does come with a bit of soreness. After all, your teeth are being moved into an entirely new position! Fortunately, the discomfort typically subsides once your mouth adjusts to your new trays. Plus, there are a few ways you can minimize irritation, like transitioning to your new aligners at night, sticking to soft foods for the first couple of hours, using a cold compress, and taking OTC pain relievers as directed when all else fails.
How Do I Care for My Invisalign Aligners?
Proper care is essential in keeping your aligners both clear and effective. Fortunately, that task is relatively easy and can be achieved with the below best practices:
- Use the right products (no abrasive toothpaste or hard-bristled brushes).
- Don’t rinse your trays in hot water (this can warp their shape).
- Always remove your aligners when eating and drinking (with the exception of water).
- Keep your trays in a protective case when not in use.
I Lost One of My Invisalign Aligners – What Should I Do?
If your aligners are nowhere to be found, do your best not to panic. Instead, try to calmly retrace your steps. Pay special attention to the small crevices they could’ve fallen into on your couch, in your car, or on your bed. If you still cannot locate them, give our dental office a call right away. Every moment you spend not wearing your aligners can negatively impact your treatment timeline, so we want to get you a replacement ASAP. (Remember: under no circumstance should you use your previous aligners or move onto the next set of trays without specific instruction to do so from our dentist in Washington).
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
If overlapped, spaced-out, or misaligned teeth are holding you back from smiling confidently, then you may be a candidate for Invisalign – just schedule an initial consultation with our dentist to find out! Once we have learned all about your smile goals and conducted an in-depth dental exam, we will determine your candidacy. Fortunately, even if an untreated condition, like tooth decay, initially stands in your way, we can administer the appropriate restorative care to ensure straightening your teeth with Invisalign is possible in the future. So, if you are interested in clear braces in Washington, don’t wait to schedule an appointment!
Want A Gorgeous Smile? We Can Help Restore It!
One The Most Highly Rated Dentist in Washington PA
235 Awesome Reviews On Google
125 Reviews On Facebook