At Bartusiak Dental Care our Washington, PA patients can expect to receive a thorough examination at their initial visit, and at their regular check-ups.
Here is what you can expect at your exam:
- Diagnostics x-rays: Used to determine tooth and root position as well as to detect decay, cysts, tumors or bone loss.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: The gums and bone around your teeth will be evaluated for signs of periodontal disease.
- Exam for tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be examined using special dental instruments to check for signs of decay.
- Exam of all previous restorations: Previous fillings, crowns, etc. will be checked to ensure they are still strong and functional.
- Oral cancer screening:A thorough examination of the face, neck, lips, throat, tongue, and gums will be done to check for any signs of oral cancer.
- In addition to an exam, your regular appointments will include a professional cleaning performed by one of our Registered Dental Hygienists. Using special instruments, the hygienist will remove any tartar build-up. Tartar is plaque that has hardened and become firmly attached to the tooth. This can only be removed by a professional using special dental instruments. The hygienist will also remove any plaque and polish your teeth for that squeaky clean smile!