Meet Dr. Barry Bartusiak
Dr. Bartusiak was born and raised right here in the Washington community. He is a proud alumnus of Trinity High School and the University of Pittsburgh. He first opened his local private practice in 1989. In the decades since he’s developed a tried-and-true reputation for outstanding clinical dental care that also places a high premium on the top-tier customer service his patients need and deserve. He can’t wait to welcome you in! If you’d like to learn more about him, keep reading below:
Why Did You Want to Become a Dentist?
Dr. Bartusiak originally thought he was going to become a farmer, but eventually decided he would be better suited to the dental field – and he hasn’t looked back! He enjoys interacting directly with so many great patients on a daily basis and helping them enjoy stronger, healthier smiles through his dedicated efforts. Not only does he serve people from several surrounding states, but also several other dentists from the Washington, PA area too.
Where Did You Study Dentistry?
After completing his Bachelor of Science in Biology at the University of Pittsburgh, Dr. Bartusiak stayed at the school to complete his Doctor of Dental Medicine in 1988. He also attended the Advanced General Dentistry Program at the University of Miami in Florida and a General Practice Residency at the University of Minnesota.
Today, Dr. Bartusiak has taken more than 2500 hours of continuing education, and he has also presented over 500 lectures on cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, and periodontics in 44 states in Canada. In fact, it’s estimated that he’s directly taught over 10% of the dentists currently practicing in the United States!
Some of Dr. Bartusiak’s other accomplishments include:
- Recognized by the Pittsburgh Tribune Review as one of the top dental offices in the Tri State area three years in a row
- Recognized by the Observer-Reporter as one of the top places to work in the country
- Designed as a “Hometown Hero” by KDKA for his work with families negatively affected by the closure of Washington Steel (where Dr. Bartusiak also worked in his earlier years)
- Interviewed as a dental expert on television and nationwide radio stations
- Previous board member of the American Cancer Society
- Had the honor of serving as the team dentist for the Steelers for 2 seasons, beating out 800 other dentists
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Published author in the dental field
Outside of the Dental Office, What Do You Like to Do?
When he’s not busy at work, Dr. Bartusiak likes to say that he has exactly four hobbies – his four kids! His oldest son plays college football, his oldest daughter loves fitness and fashion, his youngest daughter plays pickleball and is also a cheerleader, and his youngest son plays football. When his world isn’t revolving around them, he also enjoys tinkering around in his garden and getting involved at his church, where he is a Lector.